Unfortunately emergencies do happen! In the event of such an emergency, if possible, you should call us straight away and speak to our Reception Staff who are well trained and confident in handling such cases. You will be advised to bring your pet to the surgery immediately for emergency treatment. Our Receptionists will alert the vets and nurses of the situation so that they are aware and ready for you when you arrive.
Sometimes it is not always possible to phone ahead. In this instance, you should come straight to the Practice. You will be escorted to an available consultation room whilst a vet and nurse are alerted.
Emergencies include (but are not limited to):
- Wounds causing serious blood loss
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Gastric torsion/bloat symptoms
- Breathing difficulties
- Fitting patients
- Blocked bladder
- Ingestion of toxic substances (toxic plants, medicines, chocolate etc)
- Continuous vomiting, salivating
- Obstruction – these patients may be vomiting, unable to pass faeces and not eating
Out of Hours Emergencies
Outside of our surgery hours we have 3 options for out of hours care. You can choose whichever is most convenient: